MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Potential Democratic candidates who may challenge Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a recall election next year are scheduled to gather at a rally Tuesday in Madison.
Former congressman Dave Obey, state Sen. Jon Erpenbach and former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk are also scheduled to take part in a tour organized by the Democratic Party to highlight its plans to attempt a Walker recall.
The petition drive to force the recall is set to begin Nov. 15. More than 540,000 signatures would have to be collected by Jan. 17 to force an election sometime later in 2012.
The rally is the first in a series this week that will also serve as training sessions for volunteers circulating petitions. Other stops include Stevens Points, Eau Claire, Appleton and Milwaukee.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies