MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Potential Democratic candidates who may challenge Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a recall election next year are scheduled to gather at a rally Tuesday in Madison.
Former congressman Dave Obey, state Sen. Jon Erpenbach and former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk are also scheduled to take part in a tour organized by the Democratic Party to highlight its plans to attempt a Walker recall.
The petition drive to force the recall is set to begin Nov. 15. More than 540,000 signatures would have to be collected by Jan. 17 to force an election sometime later in 2012.
The rally is the first in a series this week that will also serve as training sessions for volunteers circulating petitions. Other stops include Stevens Points, Eau Claire, Appleton and Milwaukee.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing