LA CROSSE, WI - Some classrooms literally rolled into La Crosse's north side Wednesday.
The school district rented six portable classrooms for the year while they wait for the new Northside Elementary School to be built. They were set up outside of Roosevelt Elementary.
Officials say about 20 students will be in each classroom and there will be hallways with lockers, bathrooms, and running water throughout.21028758
And the units have something Roosevelt does not. "Roosevelt isn't air conditioned, so when school starts, the teachers lucky enough to be in these six portable classrooms will have air conditioning in their classroom, so that's an added plus for them," said the district's Buildings and Grounds Supervisor Joe Ledvina.
The district still needs to build ramps to get into the classrooms.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract