MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Polls are open in Wisconsin for a primary election that will determine who will take on the first-term governor in a historic recall election next month.
RELATED: Recall news and information
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk are two of four Democrats on Tuesday's ballot who are looking to challenge Walker in the June 5 general election that has become a nationally watched battle over union rights. Since his successful push to effectively end collective bargaining rights for most state workers, Walker has emerged as a national conservative hero.
Other Democrats on the ballot are Secretary of State Doug La Follette and state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout. Gladys Huber is a Republican running as a Democrat.
Walker faces token opposition in the GOP primary from Arthur Kohl-Riggs, a Walker opponent running as a Republican.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest