MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Polls are open in Wisconsin for a primary election that will determine who will take on the first-term governor in a historic recall election next month.
RELATED: Recall news and information
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk are two of four Democrats on Tuesday's ballot who are looking to challenge Walker in the June 5 general election that has become a nationally watched battle over union rights. Since his successful push to effectively end collective bargaining rights for most state workers, Walker has emerged as a national conservative hero.
Other Democrats on the ballot are Secretary of State Doug La Follette and state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout. Gladys Huber is a Republican running as a Democrat.
Walker faces token opposition in the GOP primary from Arthur Kohl-Riggs, a Walker opponent running as a Republican.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota