MADISON, Wis. - A 42-year-old man faces charges of armed robbery after he tried to use a large pipe to rob an east side bar before being tackled by customers at the establishment, according to Madison police.
The incident happened just after 1 a.m. Monday at the Alchemy Café in the 1900 block of Atwood Avenue on the city's east side.
According to police, Jeremy Stanke, 42, entered the bar with a 31 inch black pipe and a green T-shirt around his face. Police said Stanke then told the bartender to give him all the money in the bar.
The bartender complied, according to police, but a patron at the bar immediately overpowered Stanke and held him until police arrived. No one was hurt in the incident.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student