MADISON, Wis. - A 42-year-old man faces charges of armed robbery after he tried to use a large pipe to rob an east side bar before being tackled by customers at the establishment, according to Madison police.
The incident happened just after 1 a.m. Monday at the Alchemy Café in the 1900 block of Atwood Avenue on the city's east side.
According to police, Jeremy Stanke, 42, entered the bar with a 31 inch black pipe and a green T-shirt around his face. Police said Stanke then told the bartender to give him all the money in the bar.
The bartender complied, according to police, but a patron at the bar immediately overpowered Stanke and held him until police arrived. No one was hurt in the incident.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests