MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Madison police say a man with a history of mental illness planned to kill two people with an assault rifle he bought online.
The 20-year-old man was arrested Thursday. He's being held in the Dane County Jail.
Police spokesman Joel DeSpain says the intended victims were a 54-year-old woman and a 21-year-old man. DeSpain says the man was acquainted with both. He says an AK-47 assault rifle and ammunition were found in the man's Madison home.
The man's mother tells the State Journal her son had recently been hospitalized in the psychiatric unit at University Hospital.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure