LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Central High School student that was struck by a semi Thursday morning suffered minor injuries and will be released from the hospital soon, according to La Crosse police.
The 15-year-old male high school student was struck at the corner of Losey and Redfield Streets at about 11:20 a.m., Tri-State Ambulance said. The teenager was transported to Gundersen Health System with what Tri-State said could have been potentially life-threatening injuries.
La Crosse police tell News 8 it appears some traffic had stopped and waved the student across the road, but traffic in the other lane where the semi was driving was still moving. The student was walking from east to west in the crosswalk by Redfield Street, near the Village Shopping Center. Police do not know how fast the driver was going. La Crosse police and Wisconsin State Patrol continue to investigate the incident.23459324
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death