BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Police responding to a domestic disturbance call at a Beloit home made an unusual discovery.
Officers say a malnourished calf was being kept in the basement of the house.
A woman living at the residence called police Sunday and told them her husband had assaulted her. Police Capt. Vince Sciame says the husband was upset the calf was not being properly fed.
WISC-TV reports the house was deemed uninhabitable by city inspectors. The couple was cited for keeping livestock in the city. The calf was taken to the University of Wisconsin Veterinary Hospital and was later sent to an animal shelter.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing