BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Police responding to a domestic disturbance call at a Beloit home made an unusual discovery.
Officers say a malnourished calf was being kept in the basement of the house.
A woman living at the residence called police Sunday and told them her husband had assaulted her. Police Capt. Vince Sciame says the husband was upset the calf was not being properly fed.
WISC-TV reports the house was deemed uninhabitable by city inspectors. The couple was cited for keeping livestock in the city. The calf was taken to the University of Wisconsin Veterinary Hospital and was later sent to an animal shelter.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking