ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - An Eau Claire man is in custody after injuring another man in a fight and leading Onalaska police on a chase across county lines.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Office said Ryan M. Meachem fled when Onalaska police officers responded to the scene of a fight near Stuhr Court and Kramer Road. Meachem got into a green Ford F150 and failed to stop when police tried to pull him over. Instead, he led them on a chase through the side streets of Onalaska.
Meachem then turned north onto Highway 35 before continuing northbound on Highway 53 near Holmen, where La Crosse County Sheriff's Deputies joined the pursuit. After leading officers into Trempealeau County, Meachem ran over tire deflation devices that were laid in the road by a Trempealeau County Sheriff's Deputy near the intersection of Highway 53 and Highway 93.
Despite hitting the deflation devices, Meachem continued north on Highway 93 to Centerville, and was heading toward Arcadia when his truck's flat tires finally forced him to stop.
He was arrested and is currently being held in the La Crosse County Jail on charges of battery, disorderly conduct, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating after revocation, 2nd offense OWI and fleeing/eluding officers.
The victim in the Onalaska fight was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System with head injuries.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs