PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Michigan police say they arrested a 28-year-old man for shooting at motorists.
Police in Washtenaw County's Pittsfield Township responded early Wednesday to a wooded area near U.S. Highway 23 and Michigan Avenue after a 911 caller reported a man dressed in a black trench coat standing near a bridge and shooting at traffic.
Police say they spotted the suspect walking in the area and took him into custody. They tracked his footprints in the snow and found a sawed-off shotgun.
No injuries were reported, and police say no vehicles were struck.
The man is being held at the Washtenaw County jail, pending a review of possible charges. According to AnnArbor.com, the suspect is from Ypsilanti, despite an initial report from police that he was from Wisconsin.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer