PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Michigan police say they arrested a 28-year-old man for shooting at motorists.
Police in Washtenaw County's Pittsfield Township responded early Wednesday to a wooded area near U.S. Highway 23 and Michigan Avenue after a 911 caller reported a man dressed in a black trench coat standing near a bridge and shooting at traffic.
Police say they spotted the suspect walking in the area and took him into custody. They tracked his footprints in the snow and found a sawed-off shotgun.
No injuries were reported, and police say no vehicles were struck.
The man is being held at the Washtenaw County jail, pending a review of possible charges. According to AnnArbor.com, the suspect is from Ypsilanti, despite an initial report from police that he was from Wisconsin.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse