LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (AP) - The Nestle Pizza Company of Little Chute is recalling four frozen pizza products that might be contaminated with plastic fragments.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says the following products are subject to recall:
- California Pizza Kitchen© Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, UPC 71921 00781; production code is 3059525952.
- DiGiorno© Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, UPC 71921 02663; production codes are 3057525922 and 3058525921.
Each product package above has an establishment number of P-5754.
- DiGiorno© pizzeria!™ Bianca/White Pizza, UPC 71921 91484; production code is 3068525951.
- California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) Crispy Thin Crust White©, UPC 71921 98745; production codes are 3062525951, 3062525952 and 3063525951.
The USDA says one consumer reported a chipped tooth after biting into one of the California Pizza Kitchen products. The problem was apparently related to the spinach in the pizza, so the company is recalling other pizza products that used the same lot of spinach. The fragments are of clear, brittle plastic with sharp edges.
The pizzas being recalled were produced between February 26 and March 9 of 2013 and shipped to retail establishments nationwide.
Consumers can contact NestlT USA Consumer Services at 800-456-4394 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering