WEST SALEM, Wis. - Pink Panther Night at the girls basketball game between West Salem and Westby on Thursday raised $4,100 for breast cancer research.
West Salem Senior Chloe Stauffer had been organizing the event as a fundraiser for almost a year. At least 525 shirts were sold.
All of those proceeds will support breast cancer research through Gundersen Lutheran. That's something close to home for Stauffer. Her aunt is in her second battle against it.18561680
"The point we're trying to get across tonight is that everyone can be touched by this, not just my family, not just one other person's family, everyone can be impacted by this," said Stauffer.
Chloe graduates this year, but hopes to see this night become a tradition and spread to other schools.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government