WEST SALEM, Wis. - Pink Panther Night at the girls basketball game between West Salem and Westby on Thursday raised $4,100 for breast cancer research.
West Salem Senior Chloe Stauffer had been organizing the event as a fundraiser for almost a year. At least 525 shirts were sold.
All of those proceeds will support breast cancer research through Gundersen Lutheran. That's something close to home for Stauffer. Her aunt is in her second battle against it.18561680
"The point we're trying to get across tonight is that everyone can be touched by this, not just my family, not just one other person's family, everyone can be impacted by this," said Stauffer.
Chloe graduates this year, but hopes to see this night become a tradition and spread to other schools.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death