LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you've noticed bacon prices skyrocketing lately, there's a reason.
A virus that causes deadly diarrhea in baby pigs is spreading throughout the United States. It's being called the porcine epidemic diarrhea, and a task force was recently put together to develop a plan to fight it.
Consumers should know the disease only affects pigs and doesn't travel through air.
Nearly 30 states along with thousands of farms have been infected.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners