LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you've noticed bacon prices skyrocketing lately, there's a reason.
A virus that causes deadly diarrhea in baby pigs is spreading throughout the United States. It's being called the porcine epidemic diarrhea, and a task force was recently put together to develop a plan to fight it.
Consumers should know the disease only affects pigs and doesn't travel through air.
Nearly 30 states along with thousands of farms have been infected.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day