LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The City of La Crosse is giving you the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors this Summer.
The Parks and Rec Department is offering Pettibone Lagoon rentals. It includes things like kayaks, canoes and paddle boards.
You can also rent fishing equipment and disc golf.
They say the lagoon is a great place for people to enjoy the outdoors. "This is just a perfect opportunity for youth, adults, anybody to really just to come out and actually try some of our outdoor sporting events around the area," said Adam Young from the Parks and Rec Department, "I mean, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, it's such a growing sport around our area."
The lagoon rentals are available Tuesday and Thursday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information you can visit the City of La Crosse website.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river