LA CROSSE, WI - Shoppers at Valley View Mall could take home more than some new clothes or trinkets.
The Coulee Region Humane Society set up an onsite adoption event near Sears.
About 30 animals are at the mall, hoping someone would see them and want to take them home.
It's the first time the humane society has had an event like this at the mall. And within the first hour and a half, five pets were adopted.
They say they were willing to try this event because of the overpopulation of cats and other animals in need. "It's fulfilling for the animal, but also for the person that's adopting the pet, and we have so many animals who are in need of a good home and this is a perfect opportunity to add one to your life," said Liz Meil from the humane society.
The event continues Saturday from one until five in the afternoon.22286804
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse