LA CROSSE, Wis. - Students and parents in the La Crosse School District expressed concern over a number of social media posts regarding about "Guns at School."
While it appears to be a threat, it is actually a reference to a punk rock band playing at a downtown venue on Friday night.
On Tuesday, school district administrators cleared the air. Superintendent Randy Nelson, while sitting alongside La Crosse Central and Logan principals and a member of the La Crosse Police, says there is nothing to be worried about.17829354
"This, I think is a classic example of how things can go viral and misinformation occurs," says Nelson, "we want our students and our parents and our community to know that our schools are safe."
The La Crosse Police Department is continuing to monitor the situation, even with the belief that there is no threat.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY