LA CROSSE, Wis. - This week, you're encouraged to trade in your car keys for a helmet. It's the annual Bike to Work Week.
The Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition says it's as simple as it sounds. Take the week and try riding your bike to work.
That's something a group who works at Gundersen's Onalaska Clinic took to heart last year, and encourages everyone to try. "It just makes you feel good, it relieves stress, it's good exercise, you're saving on the environment, you're saving on gas, and it's just amazing. I think if I can do it, anyone can," said Gundersen R.N. Sue McFadden.20154374
This is the seventh year for bike to work week in our area.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.