LA CROSSE, Wis. - This week, you're encouraged to trade in your car keys for a helmet. It's the annual Bike to Work Week.
The Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition says it's as simple as it sounds. Take the week and try riding your bike to work.
That's something a group who works at Gundersen's Onalaska Clinic took to heart last year, and encourages everyone to try. "It just makes you feel good, it relieves stress, it's good exercise, you're saving on the environment, you're saving on gas, and it's just amazing. I think if I can do it, anyone can," said Gundersen R.N. Sue McFadden.20154374
This is the seventh year for bike to work week in our area.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US