LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police released the name of the 51-year-old woman who was struck by a vehicle while crossing the street on West Avenue on Monday.
Police say Yvonne Boehme is at a local hospital in critical condition.
Boehme was walking westbound across West Avenue near State Street at 6:55 a.m. Monday when she was struck by a vehicle heading southbound in the far right southbound lane of West Avenue.
A witness told police Boehme was not in the crosswalk when crossing and was wearing dark clothing. Police say the driver has not been cited at this time.17756370
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.