LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police released the name of the 51-year-old woman who was struck by a vehicle while crossing the street on West Avenue on Monday.
Police say Yvonne Boehme is at a local hospital in critical condition.
Boehme was walking westbound across West Avenue near State Street at 6:55 a.m. Monday when she was struck by a vehicle heading southbound in the far right southbound lane of West Avenue.
A witness told police Boehme was not in the crosswalk when crossing and was wearing dark clothing. Police say the driver has not been cited at this time.17756370
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks