LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Family fun was the main attraction for a carnival at Riverside Park Sunday.
The La Crosse Area Convention and Visitors Bureau held the Riverside Family Fun Fair, an event put together to celebrate National Tourism Week. People in attendance played the role of tourists in order to learn more about La Crosse.
Games and food among other attractions were also offered. It aimed to give the community more insight on our history as well as what the area has to offer. "We are blessed with some of the greatest natural resources in the world right here in our own backyard so part of our job is not only to get people from all over the world to come to travel here but hopefully getting our own regional people to come here and spend some money," said Dave Clements from the La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau.
This is the 13th time the event was held at Riverside Park.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin