LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The Packers and Vikings may have tied this weekend, but a different competition between the teams appears to have a winner.
The student council at Lincoln Middle School in la Crosse started a food drive last week. They hoped the border rivalry would be the spark needed to fill the school's food pantry.
Two barrels were placed at the school's entrance, one for the Vikings and one for the Packers.
An official count won't be done until Wednesday, but the student council's social chair says the Packers are ahead three barrels to two.
However, the real winner is the students in need. "If we don't have food in our food pantry, then we can't give students the food they need to be ready for school and for their after school activities," said Kayley Colburn.
The food drive wrapped up at the end of the school day Monday.23156904
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash