GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- - The Green Bay Packers raised more than $100,000 for the hungry, just by scoring touchdowns.
During the regular season, Sargento donated $1,000 to the Wisconsin Hunger Task Force and $500 to Paul's Pantry in Green Bay for each of the Packer's 53 touchdowns scored.
Sargento doubled the touchdown contributions in the postseason, resulting in an additional $21,000 donation on seven TDs.
In total, Sargento donated $67,000 to the Wisconsin Hunger Task Force and $33,500 to Paul's Pantry.
Sargento has contributed $920,500 to the two Wisconsin food charities over the last 10 years of the "Touchdowns for Charity" program.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East