GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Friday night lights won't be necessary at a Green Bay high school's football field. That's because Notre Dame Academy has moved its game against Manitowoc from 7 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday because of the Green Bay Packers' preseason home game.
Packers spokesman Aaron Popkey says historically, the team has tried to avoid scheduling a game the same night as high school football. But, Popkey says there was little the Packers could do about Friday's game because the high school schedule came after the Packers' schedule was released, and because the NFL dictates when some games will be played.
Notre Dame athletic director Ken Flaten tells WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/nMpXAl ) that because the school is close to Lambeau Field, it could have been a traffic and safety issue if the game had not been rescheduled.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked