GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Friday night lights won't be necessary at a Green Bay high school's football field. That's because Notre Dame Academy has moved its game against Manitowoc from 7 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday because of the Green Bay Packers' preseason home game.
Packers spokesman Aaron Popkey says historically, the team has tried to avoid scheduling a game the same night as high school football. But, Popkey says there was little the Packers could do about Friday's game because the high school schedule came after the Packers' schedule was released, and because the NFL dictates when some games will be played.
Notre Dame athletic director Ken Flaten tells WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/nMpXAl ) that because the school is close to Lambeau Field, it could have been a traffic and safety issue if the game had not been rescheduled.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract