OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) - An Oshkosh man has been cited for second-offense drunken driving after a collision that killed an 80-year-old man and injured his passenger.
An Oshkosh Northwestern report says the collision happened Saturday in the town of Nekimi in Winnebago County.
Sheriff's Lt. Lara Vendola-Messer says the victim was Robert Zentner of Oshkosh. His passenger, 81-year-old Phyllis Zentner, was taken to a hospital for injuries that weren't considered life-threatening.
Authorities say a 57-year-old driver collided head-on with the Zentners' vehicle. That driver was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, and later cited.
Vendola-Messer says there could be further charges pending a toxicology reports and an accident reconstruction.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Court upholds order for fingerprint to unlock cellphone
- Reynolds supports program cuts to defund Planned Parenthood