OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) - An Oshkosh man has been cited for second-offense drunken driving after a collision that killed an 80-year-old man and injured his passenger.
An Oshkosh Northwestern report says the collision happened Saturday in the town of Nekimi in Winnebago County.
Sheriff's Lt. Lara Vendola-Messer says the victim was Robert Zentner of Oshkosh. His passenger, 81-year-old Phyllis Zentner, was taken to a hospital for injuries that weren't considered life-threatening.
Authorities say a 57-year-old driver collided head-on with the Zentners' vehicle. That driver was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, and later cited.
Vendola-Messer says there could be further charges pending a toxicology reports and an accident reconstruction.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse