LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some of the best tips for organic farmers are being shared in La Crosse this week.
Organic Valley is hosting 600 of the cooperative's farmers for its annual meeting.
36 states from across the U.S. are represented in the cooperative. And with varying regional climates, there's a host of different techniques to learn. "You get to talk to other farmers, find out what works in their area, and some times actually take that back to your area, try something different and realize that it could also be a benefit," said California organic farmer Jana McClelland.
The conference comes about a year after a fire destroyed part of Organic Valley's headquarters in La Farge.
Since then, employees have been working in temporary settings during re-construction. "We're back in the main office again, we're back in the central part of the building and the rest will be open in June, so we have a feeling of hope after surviving such a difficult year, that this year will be better," said Organic Valley's V.P. of Sales Eric Newman.
Along with offices, the building will include a new wellness area for the employees.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration