LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some of the best tips for organic farmers are being shared in La Crosse this week.
Organic Valley is hosting 600 of the cooperative's farmers for its annual meeting.
36 states from across the U.S. are represented in the cooperative. And with varying regional climates, there's a host of different techniques to learn. "You get to talk to other farmers, find out what works in their area, and some times actually take that back to your area, try something different and realize that it could also be a benefit," said California organic farmer Jana McClelland.
The conference comes about a year after a fire destroyed part of Organic Valley's headquarters in La Farge.
Since then, employees have been working in temporary settings during re-construction. "We're back in the main office again, we're back in the central part of the building and the rest will be open in June, so we have a feeling of hope after surviving such a difficult year, that this year will be better," said Organic Valley's V.P. of Sales Eric Newman.
Along with offices, the building will include a new wellness area for the employees.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay