LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Military brides looking for the perfect dress for their big day won't have to worry about the price tag.
Charlotte's Bridal in La Crosse is teaming up with Brides Across America to give military brides a free dress.
It's a national initiative called "Operation Wedding Gown."
In order to qualify the bride or the bride's fiance needs to be on active duty or deployed within the last five years.15361828
Then it's as simple as bringing proof of service to the store on the days of the give-away and picking out the dress of their dreams.
The stores owners said it's the least they can do to say thank you to our service members.
"It just feels so good and so right to do it. I mean these people give up so much for us and I just don't think most people are aware of how important it is to say thank you and that we appreciate all of their service," said Charolotte's Bridal co-owner Kathy Walker.
Charlotte's bridal has given away close to 100 dresses since the store started participating two years ago.
The event is scheduled for Tuesday, July 10 and Wednesday, July 11.
To see if you qualify for a free dress you can call Jenn Walker at 608-784-3493.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.