ONALASKA, Wis. - A local organization continues to send local love to our troops overseas.
Operation Homefront has been putting together care packages in the Coulee Region since 2005, including more Wednesday.
Each box costs about $13, and on average they send between 75 and 100 packages overseas.
The organization sends custom boxes to our troops and fills them up as much as possible. "It doesn't matter how heavy the box is, it's one flat rate, they're really great for us, so we can get a lot in there, get some things that are a little heavier in there, and it works really well," said Patti Lokken from Operation Homefront.17325580
These boxes are filled with toiletries and food, especially beef jerky, and will arrive in time for Veteran's Day.
Operation Homefront is planning on sending holiday cards and postcards this season.
They're asking anyone who is able to write a letter to participate so they can reach as many troops as possible.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure