LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Parents looking to send their kids to a different school district in the fall should apply now.
Wisconsin's open enrollment period started this week and runs through the end of April.
The three month period gives parents the choice to send their kids to other school districts.
The La Crosse School District says in just La Crosse County about 1,000 students move around.
And while there is no advantage to applying early, officials say it helps their process tremendously. "Because that helps both the sending school district and the receiving school district appropriately develop their staffing plan," said La Crosse School District's Exec. Dir. of Business Services Janet Rosseter.
Open Enrollment also impacts school funding. Each student is worth a few thousand dollars for the budgets.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case