LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Parents looking to send their kids to a different school district in the fall should apply now.
Wisconsin's open enrollment period started this week and runs through the end of April.
The three month period gives parents the choice to send their kids to other school districts.
The La Crosse School District says in just La Crosse County about 1,000 students move around.
And while there is no advantage to applying early, officials say it helps their process tremendously. "Because that helps both the sending school district and the receiving school district appropriately develop their staffing plan," said La Crosse School District's Exec. Dir. of Business Services Janet Rosseter.
Open Enrollment also impacts school funding. Each student is worth a few thousand dollars for the budgets.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion