TOWN OF NEWBOLD, Wis. (AP) - Officials say a sheriff's deputy's pursuit of a vehicle in Oneida County ended when the driver shot and killed himself.
Family members of the man were concerned about his safety and asked the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department for help. That department contacted Oneida County and a deputy on patrol in the Town of Newbold spotted the man's vehicle shortly before 11 p.m. Monday.
The driver fled at a high rate of speed and the deputy pursued. Authorities say the vehicle eventually stopped and the armed driver stepped out and took his own life.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?