TOWN OF NEWBOLD, Wis. (AP) - Officials say a sheriff's deputy's pursuit of a vehicle in Oneida County ended when the driver shot and killed himself.
Family members of the man were concerned about his safety and asked the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department for help. That department contacted Oneida County and a deputy on patrol in the Town of Newbold spotted the man's vehicle shortly before 11 p.m. Monday.
The driver fled at a high rate of speed and the deputy pursued. Authorities say the vehicle eventually stopped and the armed driver stepped out and took his own life.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting