BELOIT, Wis. - One man is dead, and another man had to be treated for injuries following a homicide early Thursday morning in Beloit.
Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Hull Avenue around 12:45 a.m. Thursday.
When police arrived, they found two people who had suffered gunshot wounds. Jeffrey Hardnett, 25, of Beloit suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead when he arrived at Beloit Memorial Hospital.
A second man, Darius Kilgore, 26, of Beloit, suffered a single gunshot wound to the upper chest/shoulder area. He was treated and released at the hospital. Immediately after being released, he was arrested and charged with a probation violation and possessing cocaine.
Police found multiple spent shell casings at the site of the shooting and will continue their investigation Thursday.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.