BELOIT, Wis. - One man is dead, and another man had to be treated for injuries following a homicide early Thursday morning in Beloit.
Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Hull Avenue around 12:45 a.m. Thursday.
When police arrived, they found two people who had suffered gunshot wounds. Jeffrey Hardnett, 25, of Beloit suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead when he arrived at Beloit Memorial Hospital.
A second man, Darius Kilgore, 26, of Beloit, suffered a single gunshot wound to the upper chest/shoulder area. He was treated and released at the hospital. Immediately after being released, he was arrested and charged with a probation violation and possessing cocaine.
Police found multiple spent shell casings at the site of the shooting and will continue their investigation Thursday.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building