LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One person was injured after their car slammed into a building in downtown La Crosse just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
It happened near the intersection of 3rd and Main.
La Crosse Police say an SUV was trying to parallel park on Main St. when the driver hit a car traveling behind her.
Police say the driver of the SUV then panicked and instead of hitting the break, stepped on the gas. She then hit a parked car behind her before the car backed into the wall of Bootlegger's bar.
Tri-State Ambulance says they transported the driver to the hospital with non life threatening injuries.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016