LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One person was injured after their car slammed into a building in downtown La Crosse just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
It happened near the intersection of 3rd and Main.
La Crosse Police say an SUV was trying to parallel park on Main St. when the driver hit a car traveling behind her.
Police say the driver of the SUV then panicked and instead of hitting the break, stepped on the gas. She then hit a parked car behind her before the car backed into the wall of Bootlegger's bar.
Tri-State Ambulance says they transported the driver to the hospital with non life threatening injuries.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Representative Kind hears from local voters in La Crosse
- Iowa House panel OKs medical marijuana oil bill
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help