LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One person was injured after their car slammed into a building in downtown La Crosse just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
It happened near the intersection of 3rd and Main.
La Crosse Police say an SUV was trying to parallel park on Main St. when the driver hit a car traveling behind her.
Police say the driver of the SUV then panicked and instead of hitting the break, stepped on the gas. She then hit a parked car behind her before the car backed into the wall of Bootlegger's bar.
Tri-State Ambulance says they transported the driver to the hospital with non life threatening injuries.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified