TOWNSHIP OF CITY POINT, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead after a crash between a car and a semi in the Township of City Point in Jackson County.
It happened around 10:38 a.m. on Monday, April 28 at the intersection of Highway 54 and Ellis Road.
According to the Jackson Co. Sheriff's Department, the preliminary investigation shows Lois M. Steponik, 58, of Pittsville, failed to stop at a stop sign on Ellis Road and was struck by the semi traveling on Highway 54.
Steponik was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the semi was not injured.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting