TOWNSHIP OF CITY POINT, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead after a crash between a car and a semi in the Township of City Point in Jackson County.
It happened around 10:38 a.m. on Monday, April 28 at the intersection of Highway 54 and Ellis Road.
According to the Jackson Co. Sheriff's Department, the preliminary investigation shows Lois M. Steponik, 58, of Pittsville, failed to stop at a stop sign on Ellis Road and was struck by the semi traveling on Highway 54.
Steponik was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the semi was not injured.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony