TOWNSHIP OF CITY POINT, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead after a crash between a car and a semi in the Township of City Point in Jackson County.
It happened around 10:38 a.m. on Monday, April 28 at the intersection of Highway 54 and Ellis Road.
According to the Jackson Co. Sheriff's Department, the preliminary investigation shows Lois M. Steponik, 58, of Pittsville, failed to stop at a stop sign on Ellis Road and was struck by the semi traveling on Highway 54.
Steponik was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the semi was not injured.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death