ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Some area kids are honoring our veterans.
Third and fourth graders at Irving Pertzsch Elementary in Onalaska held a Veterans Day program Thursday.
Area veterans were invited to attend the program which included multiple musical numbers and recognition of those who served.
Many of the kids in the program have had family members in the military and shared what the program meant to them.
"It's really nice because you get to see them up close and it's really sweet," said one student.
"It's really great, it's been a privilege to do this in front of them," said another student.
"Like, it felt like it was a new part in my life that struck my heart to thank all of the veterans of what they did," said a third student.
The kids say they spent about six weeks practicing all of the songs for the program and were a little nervous to perform in front of the veterans.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls