ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Some area kids are honoring our veterans.
Third and fourth graders at Irving Pertzsch Elementary in Onalaska held a Veterans Day program Thursday.
Area veterans were invited to attend the program which included multiple musical numbers and recognition of those who served.
Many of the kids in the program have had family members in the military and shared what the program meant to them.
"It's really nice because you get to see them up close and it's really sweet," said one student.
"It's really great, it's been a privilege to do this in front of them," said another student.
"Like, it felt like it was a new part in my life that struck my heart to thank all of the veterans of what they did," said a third student.
The kids say they spent about six weeks practicing all of the songs for the program and were a little nervous to perform in front of the veterans.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing