ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Hundreds of young singers and dancers are coming to our area this weekend.
24 show choirs are competing in the annual Onalaska Show Choir Classic.
Choirs from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois will show off their best singing and choreography with the hopes of being called the best. "The kids really love it, they can be active, they can express themselves, and then they can get scores, so kids always like to know where am I? Am I number one, am I number four, whatever," said Onalaska's Choral Dir. Richard Moses.
The Show choir competition gets underway at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning and will go until about 10:00 p.m. that night. It's at the Onalaska H.S. Field House.
If choral music is more your style, there's also a Concert Choir Competition at First Lutheran Church Friday. That starts at 4:00 p.m.
There is a cost to get into both performances.23856874
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser