ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Hundreds of young singers and dancers are coming to our area this weekend.
24 show choirs are competing in the annual Onalaska Show Choir Classic.
Choirs from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois will show off their best singing and choreography with the hopes of being called the best. "The kids really love it, they can be active, they can express themselves, and then they can get scores, so kids always like to know where am I? Am I number one, am I number four, whatever," said Onalaska's Choral Dir. Richard Moses.
The Show choir competition gets underway at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning and will go until about 10:00 p.m. that night. It's at the Onalaska H.S. Field House.
If choral music is more your style, there's also a Concert Choir Competition at First Lutheran Church Friday. That starts at 4:00 p.m.
There is a cost to get into both performances.23856874
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline