ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A recent study had found Onalaska to be one of the top ten cities in Wisconsin for home ownership.
An upward trend of new housing permits in the city was to thank for the ranking, according to Onalaska's Land Use and Development Director Brea Grace.
The San Francisco-based company NerdWallet looked at home availability, affordability, and area growth in cities with a population of 10,000 or more to determine the rankings. Of the 85 Wisoconsin cities rated in the study Onalaska had a ranking of eight.
"We have great healthcare, we have great education, now we have great housing, and those are really three of the underpinnings of a great economy, and underpinnings of a great city," said Onalaska Mayor Joe Chilsen.
Another study NerdWallet conducted in January found that Onalaska was third in the state for job seekers.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death