ONALASKA, WI (WKBT) - Hundreds of families will enjoy a thanksgiving meal together in Onalaska next week.
The 3rd annual Community Dinner is next Thursday at the armory.
Last year, 700 people enjoyed the meal. This year, organizers are expecting closer to 1,000. "This is an opportunity not only for those that need a meal on Thanksgiving day, but it's an opportunity for everyone to come together and celebrate the fact that we live in a great community, the Onalaska Community," said Tom Brewer from the Onalaska Enhancement Foundation.
The Onalaska Enhancement Foundation, Rotary Clubs and dozens of volunteers make the event possible.
The dinner starts at 11:00 a.m. Thursday and goes until 3:00 p.m. It's free, but donations are accepted.23100380
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017