ONALASKA, WI (WKBT) - Hundreds of families will enjoy a thanksgiving meal together in Onalaska next week.
The 3rd annual Community Dinner is next Thursday at the armory.
Last year, 700 people enjoyed the meal. This year, organizers are expecting closer to 1,000. "This is an opportunity not only for those that need a meal on Thanksgiving day, but it's an opportunity for everyone to come together and celebrate the fact that we live in a great community, the Onalaska Community," said Tom Brewer from the Onalaska Enhancement Foundation.
The Onalaska Enhancement Foundation, Rotary Clubs and dozens of volunteers make the event possible.
The dinner starts at 11:00 a.m. Thursday and goes until 3:00 p.m. It's free, but donations are accepted.23100380
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing