ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - As part of Crossing Guard Appreciation Week, Onalaska police officers and administrative staff visited school crossing guards.
On Tuesday afternoon, they handed out hot chocolate to show their appreciation. They plan to visit all of their crossing guards this week.
"It's warming me up," said crossing guard Jon Pierce, who was stationed at the cross walk near Irving Pertzsch.
"This year we are especially grateful for our guards as there is currently a severe crossing guard shortage," said Pam Sharp, administrative manager at the Onalaska Police Department.
For more information on how to be a crossing guard in Onalaska, call Onalaska police at (608) 781-9530.23931642
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance