ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - As part of Crossing Guard Appreciation Week, Onalaska police officers and administrative staff visited school crossing guards.
On Tuesday afternoon, they handed out hot chocolate to show their appreciation. They plan to visit all of their crossing guards this week.
"It's warming me up," said crossing guard Jon Pierce, who was stationed at the cross walk near Irving Pertzsch.
"This year we are especially grateful for our guards as there is currently a severe crossing guard shortage," said Pam Sharp, administrative manager at the Onalaska Police Department.
For more information on how to be a crossing guard in Onalaska, call Onalaska police at (608) 781-9530.23931642
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients