ONALASKA, Wis. -- It turns out it does pay to run from the cops.
The third annual "Run from the Cops" 5k run/walk, hosted by the Onalaska Professional Police Association, raised $5,100 for the Onalaska/Holmen Food Basket.
The group presented the food pantry with the money Wednesday.
More than 300 people "ran from the cops" in the race October 22.
Last year the race raised more than $5,000 for the La Crosse Y's Miracle Field.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?