ONALASKA, Wis. - Onalaska city council members took time during their Tuesday night meeting to officially recognize the hard work and dedication of the Onalaska High School marching band.
Band members traveled to the Outback Bowl in Florida earlier this year, and went up against 17 bands from across the nation in competition.
The Hilltopper band returned to Wisconsin after placing in every event they competed in, earning eight trophies and two plaques.
Band members presented a photo to the city council last night. It features pictures of the band taken during the Florida competition, and will now be put on display for the entire community to see.
Onalaska Mayor Joe Chilsen says the students should be proud of how well they represented the community.
Congratulations to the Onalaska High School Band!
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity