LA CROSSE, WI - Firefighters put their safety knowledge to the test as a way to teach students this week.
As part of Fire Prevention Week, Onalaska Firefighters hosted a Fire Safety Jeopardy. The contestants answered questions in front of a group of students as a different way to spread their message.
This year's theme focused on safety in the kitchen.
One of Monday's "contestants" said they like to teach the kids because they are likely to turn around and teach their families. "Children are a great gateway between the fire department and their parents. Kids are great about going home after school and telling their older siblings, parents, grandparents what they learned in school," said firefighter "Burt Ferguson."
The students also got to tour the fire station.22329634
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners