LA CROSSE, WI - Firefighters put their safety knowledge to the test as a way to teach students this week.
As part of Fire Prevention Week, Onalaska Firefighters hosted a Fire Safety Jeopardy. The contestants answered questions in front of a group of students as a different way to spread their message.
This year's theme focused on safety in the kitchen.
One of Monday's "contestants" said they like to teach the kids because they are likely to turn around and teach their families. "Children are a great gateway between the fire department and their parents. Kids are great about going home after school and telling their older siblings, parents, grandparents what they learned in school," said firefighter "Burt Ferguson."
The students also got to tour the fire station.22329634
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab