GREEN BAY, WI (WKBT) - The Green Bay Packers took on the rival Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football which is always an exciting game for fans. But the day was a little bit more exciting for a newlywed Onalaska couple.
A few hours prior to kickoff to the Monday night game, Chris and Teri Banks exchanged wedding vows. They did it right across the street from Lambeau Field, a beautiful fall setting for a wedding.
When the two got engaged, it was actually Teri who had to convince Chris about getting hitched prior to a Packers game.
"I actually came up with it. I presented it to him and he hated it for like two weeks before we had enough people tell him how cool of an idea it was. Then he jumped on board and here we are," said Teri.
"We actually got very lucky with the setting that we have right now. We were supposed to be just across the street at a gas station. I came down here and said 'I'll do whatever it takes to get this' and we were here at eleven-o-clock and got what we wanted," said Chris.
Chris and Teri celebrated by both attending Monday night's game. They were hoping for a Packers win, but instead the Pack fell to the Bears 27-20.22805812
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska