ONALASKA, Wis. - The Onalaska City Council has decided not to add a controversial item to their agenda.
The council voted 2-to-4 not to open their monthly meetings with prayer.
The proposal was brought up last month after a council member used time at the beginning of the meeting to say a prayer.
One of the council members in favor of the proposal wants to re-introduce the idea in hopes of making it a city-wide referendum question.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes