LA CROSSE, WI - It was a festive visit for a local organization helping people with disabilities.
The Oktoberfest royal family stopped at Riverfront Friday. They sang some songs and took time to chat with the participants.
All week the fest family has been touring local businesses and organizations spreading Oktoberfest cheer. "We like to spread what's called gemutlichkeit and that's spreading good cheer," said Grenadier General Robyn Johnson.
"Riverfront is a very special place to visit, it's special to the royal family. That they're treated just like other businesses and organizations in the community and it's important to them."
Even though Oktoberfest ends this weekend, the fest family has plans to visit area schools in the next few weeks.22286792
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration