LA CROSSE, WI - Some of the area's best needlework is on display for the Oktoberfest this week at the La Crosse Public Library.
As usual, the exhibit features a variety of creations, including quilts, canvas, cross stitch, and a youth category.
On Thursday, the Festmaster and Mrs. Oktoberfest toured the show and handed out ribbons for best in show.
"That's really what Oktoberfest is all about, is to showcase all the people, the talents, and the abilities that we are so blessed to have in this area," said Festmaster Dave Ring.
The show runs through Saturday.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather