LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - It seems like it just ended, but it's not too early to start thinking about next year's Oktoberfest.That's because the 2014 button design contest was announced Tuesday.
"Munich on the Mississippi" is the theme for 2014 Oktoberfest and will serve as a centerpiece for the design.
Artists are free to draw what they like as long as they include the dates, the Oktoberfest banner, a maple leaf, and at least 2 colors.
Oktoberfest says it's your chance to design a little piece of history. "We have the buttons for the past 53 years and whoever wins, that design is in essence part of history, it's not just your 15 minutes, you will be here as long as the fest is because there's your button," said Kevin Buelow with Oktoberfest.
The designs are due by 4 p.m. on January 16.The designs are due by 4 p.m. on January 16. You can send them by:
-Mail (La Crosse Festivals, Inc. P.O. Box 1716 La Crosse, WI 54602-1716);
-Email (firstname.lastname@example.org); or
-Hand deliver them to the Oktoberfest office (2nd and La Crosse Streets in La Crosse). Office hours: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The winner will receive a $100 cash prize and two complimentary tickets to the 2014 Festmaster Ball.
For a complete list of guidelines, visit oktoberfestusa.com.23176316
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing