LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - It seems like it just ended, but it's not too early to start thinking about next year's Oktoberfest.That's because the 2014 button design contest was announced Tuesday.
"Munich on the Mississippi" is the theme for 2014 Oktoberfest and will serve as a centerpiece for the design.
Artists are free to draw what they like as long as they include the dates, the Oktoberfest banner, a maple leaf, and at least 2 colors.
Oktoberfest says it's your chance to design a little piece of history. "We have the buttons for the past 53 years and whoever wins, that design is in essence part of history, it's not just your 15 minutes, you will be here as long as the fest is because there's your button," said Kevin Buelow with Oktoberfest.
The designs are due by 4 p.m. on January 16.The designs are due by 4 p.m. on January 16. You can send them by:
-Mail (La Crosse Festivals, Inc. P.O. Box 1716 La Crosse, WI 54602-1716);
-Email (firstname.lastname@example.org); or
-Hand deliver them to the Oktoberfest office (2nd and La Crosse Streets in La Crosse). Office hours: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The winner will receive a $100 cash prize and two complimentary tickets to the 2014 Festmaster Ball.
For a complete list of guidelines, visit oktoberfestusa.com.23176316
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota