MILWAUKEE (AP) - Two Milwaukee police officers got a whole lot more than they bargained for when they pulled over a speeder downtown.
They had watched the driver speed through red lights and blow his horn. When they pulled him over, they found a woman in the passenger seat whose baby was literally on the way.
Felipe Alva was trying to make it to a nearby hospital Wednesday night in time for his wife, Brenda, to deliver. But, 6½ pound Isabella wasn't about to wait.
Officer Xavier Benitez says he was basically the catcher as the baby arrived. The officers cleared the baby's airways just before a medical unit arrived. Officer Adam Bradley tells WISN-TV nothing compares with bringing a life into this world.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration