MILWAUKEE (AP) - Two Milwaukee police officers got a whole lot more than they bargained for when they pulled over a speeder downtown.
They had watched the driver speed through red lights and blow his horn. When they pulled him over, they found a woman in the passenger seat whose baby was literally on the way.
Felipe Alva was trying to make it to a nearby hospital Wednesday night in time for his wife, Brenda, to deliver. But, 6½ pound Isabella wasn't about to wait.
Officer Xavier Benitez says he was basically the catcher as the baby arrived. The officers cleared the baby's airways just before a medical unit arrived. Officer Adam Bradley tells WISN-TV nothing compares with bringing a life into this world.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract