MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A spokesman for President Barack Obama says the president is proud to stand with Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett as he prepares to face Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a recall election.
Obama for America Wisconsin state director Tripp Wellde issued a statement Tuesday after Barrett won the Democratic primary.
Wellde says, "President Obama is proud to stand with Tom Barrett and the hundreds of thousands of Wisconsin families who are coming together to move Wisconsin forward."
The recall election is June 5.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student