MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Republican state Rep. John Nygren of Marinette and Sen. Alberta Darling of River Hills will serve as co-chairs of the Legislature's powerful budget committee.
Incoming Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced on Monday that Nygren would replace him as co-chair of the Joint Finance Committee. Darling was co-chair the previous two years and will continue in that role.
Gov. Scott Walker will submit his two-year state spending proposal to the Legislature in February. The Joint Finance Committee will hold hearings and make changes to that proposal before putting forward a new version for the Legislature to consider in late spring.
The committee is controlled 12-4 by Republicans.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building