MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Republican state Rep. John Nygren of Marinette and Sen. Alberta Darling of River Hills will serve as co-chairs of the Legislature's powerful budget committee.
Incoming Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced on Monday that Nygren would replace him as co-chair of the Joint Finance Committee. Darling was co-chair the previous two years and will continue in that role.
Gov. Scott Walker will submit his two-year state spending proposal to the Legislature in February. The Joint Finance Committee will hold hearings and make changes to that proposal before putting forward a new version for the Legislature to consider in late spring.
The committee is controlled 12-4 by Republicans.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration