MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Campaign finance reports show an Eau Claire Democrat who challenged Republican state Sen. Terry Moulton in last month's recalls spent about $35,000 in the weeks surrounding the election.
Kristen Dexter's reports for the period between May 22 and June 27 show she spent $34,705 and raised $43,552. Since January she spent $216,612 and raised $229,961.
Moulton, of Chippewa Falls, defeated Dexter in the June 5 election. His reports show he spent $76,736 and raised $22,640 during the reporting period. He has spent $248,936 and raised $109,802 since January.
Democrats forced the governor, Moulton and four other GOP officeholders into recalls as payback for passing a law that stripped public workers of nearly all their union rights.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks