MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Campaign finance reports show an Eau Claire Democrat who challenged Republican state Sen. Terry Moulton in last month's recalls spent about $35,000 in the weeks surrounding the election.
Kristen Dexter's reports for the period between May 22 and June 27 show she spent $34,705 and raised $43,552. Since January she spent $216,612 and raised $229,961.
Moulton, of Chippewa Falls, defeated Dexter in the June 5 election. His reports show he spent $76,736 and raised $22,640 during the reporting period. He has spent $248,936 and raised $109,802 since January.
Democrats forced the governor, Moulton and four other GOP officeholders into recalls as payback for passing a law that stripped public workers of nearly all their union rights.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death