LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Residents on La Crosse's Northside got to know each other a little better tonight.
It was part of the Northside's annual block party celebration outside of Trinity Lutheran Church. This year the party was put on by the newly formed Logan-Northside Neighborhood Association
There was food, music, and even a shoe give-away for area children in need.
"I've been told we have over 300 pairs of shoes, brand new shoes, I've seen some of them today, there is some dazzling fun stuff that kids are going to just love," said Sandy Thompson, a volunteer for the block party.
Money for the shoes came from a donation by the Franke Foundation.
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- AP Exclusive: Drugs vanish at some VA hospitals
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Milwaukee police arrest man in family member's killing
- 5 people wounded in Ames shooting that involved officers