LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Residents on La Crosse's Northside got to know each other a little better tonight.
It was part of the Northside's annual block party celebration outside of Trinity Lutheran Church. This year the party was put on by the newly formed Logan-Northside Neighborhood Association
There was food, music, and even a shoe give-away for area children in need.
"I've been told we have over 300 pairs of shoes, brand new shoes, I've seen some of them today, there is some dazzling fun stuff that kids are going to just love," said Sandy Thompson, a volunteer for the block party.
Money for the shoes came from a donation by the Franke Foundation.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota