LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Residents on La Crosse's Northside got to know each other a little better tonight.
It was part of the Northside's annual block party celebration outside of Trinity Lutheran Church. This year the party was put on by the newly formed Logan-Northside Neighborhood Association
There was food, music, and even a shoe give-away for area children in need.
"I've been told we have over 300 pairs of shoes, brand new shoes, I've seen some of them today, there is some dazzling fun stuff that kids are going to just love," said Sandy Thompson, a volunteer for the block party.
Money for the shoes came from a donation by the Franke Foundation.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter