CABLE, Wis. (AP) - Northern Wisconsin is hosting the International Paralympic Committee Nordic Skiing World Cup for the second year in a row.
The event is not typically held in North America in concurrent years but there was a last minute cancellation by a European site.
So, this year it will happen Jan. 13 to Jan. 20 next year at the Telemark Resort in Cable.
It will also serve as the first qualifier for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.