LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Our nation remembered the service of past and present military members Monday.
At North Woods Elementary in La Crosse, the students put on a short ceremony to honor the veterans. They also heard from two veterans first hand about their experiences at war.
The vets talked about the importance of liberty and freedom, and the cost it continues to have on our country. "It was really interesting just, you know like find out what it was like," said fifth grader Madison Kowal.
"You know World War Two was a long time ago, for many of them, it's just in history books. And to us, it was a real life experience," said World War Two Veteran Jim Taylor.
Both veterans went on the Freedom Honor Flight.
The students are members of a choir that performs for the trip.22923124
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.